dimanche 21 juin 2009

Bistro De La Barra: a downtowner's all-times favorite

Located in the historical part of Santiago, the cultural barrio Lastarria is a little paradise for cafes lovers. I am planning on trying them all, but I have to start with my actual favorite: Cafe Bistro de la Barra.

Whether it is to meet up with friends over coffee and homemade muffins, grab a bite to eat with workmates or have a sunday lunch reading the Mercurio or checking email, Bistro de la Barra has it all.
A very nice kind of "Parisian - le marais" atmosphere that I tend to miss a lot. That would maybe explain why I chose to move around the corner to some of the best cafes in Santiago. And although the choice is large, my steps always seem to bring me back to this warm little place, enjoyed by locals and backpackers who tend to spread the word.

The coffee is excellent, teapots are generous, and the quality of the food is flawless. I would definitely recommand the blueberry muffins that come in a little transparent wrapping paper, like a gift for your hungry stomach. Crumbled eggs are also a must-have if you're really feeling hungry.


Cafe Bistro de la Barra
Jose Miguel de la Barra, 451
Santiago Centro

1 commentaire: